Thursday, June 14, 2012

Back in the saddle

Let me tell you, it is not easy to work fulltime, get to the gym (which if I am truthful, I have not really done this week), see your husband and family and also write a blog! 

The last 10 days have been busy.  Work is not quite as hectic as I had worried it would be; however, there is still an awful lot of clean up to be done.  So many mistakes, compounded mistakes, now have to be unravelled and sorted out.  Plus the auditor hasn't stopped calling and they've already missed their deadline.

Having said that, I did manage to leave on time.  Every. Single. Day.  You have no idea what an accomplishment that is in itself - leaving work when the sun is still somewhere above the horizon!  I also took a lunch break, almost every day.  Last week, I even went for a walk on the beach a few times at lunchtime and hit the gym 3 times - including my first swim in 4 months and my first spinning class in 2 years.  This week, I skipped lunch twice and never made it to the gym (but that was partly a conscious choice as I had a feeling that I'd overdone it a bit the previous week.  Still working on that balance thing.)  But I did leave on time, so all in all, I consider it a result.

On the down side, my back hurt and worse, the pain in my side returned (although this has subsequently subsided), I'm guessing from sitting in the chair for such long periods. Now I set my phone alarm to remind me to get up and move every few hours.  But even that is hard and disruptive.  Maybe I'll go over to Dr. Gav and see if there is a back support for an office chair that can help.

And today, I crossed the final barrier. So far, I've taken the 61 bus every day to & from the office.  Believe me, that is no joy-ride.  Today, I rode my motorbike for first time.  I was a tiny bit nervous and so, despite the hot weather, I wore my protective armour (coat and gloves).  Aside from boiling at the red lights, it was great. Especially since raising my leg back onto the bike from a standing position at the lights was not a painful effort.  But the best part, (and this is hard to describe to non-riders) is the freedom you feel riding a motorbike.  It's exhilaratingly liberating.  There is nothing like it.  So glad to be back!




No comments:

Post a Comment