Tuesday, May 1, 2012

L.A.Z.Y.

Forgive me.  I am a bad blogger.  I have a post all ready to go since last week, it just needs some finishing touches. But then I got carried away by all the holidays and the long weekend.  So by yesterday, I should have been back in the saddle and posting away.  But instead I realized it was month end and that I needed to work. 


I went to PT in the morning, came home and sat down in the chair and did not get up for the next 14 hours.  Don't ask.  I am not exaggerating.  Little Man & L left in the late afternoon and when they returned at 1:00am, I was sitting in the same spot.  They thought it was hilarious, my butt & groin less so.


So when I woke up today, I thought I deserved a break.  Even though I had a break last Thursday-Saturday... You'd think with all this time on my hands, that I'd get a lot done, but you'd be wrong.  I can't even figure out how these days flew by.  It's embarrassing to admit but I literally have done nothing.  All. Day. Long.  I haven't blogged.  I haven't knitted. I haven't read the book-club book. I haven't even watched any tv (ok -so there was that one tiny episode of Oprah...).  Today I didn't even go walking.  What on earth have I been doing with my time?!



Well I spoke to Shvester a couple hundred times.  I read a lot of other people's blogs (hmmm, that is starting to seem like a life spent watching "Big Brother".)  I puttered around the apartment a lot. I thought about doing my PT exercises.  Thinking counts, right?  Oh and Little Man & L and I ordered a pizza this afternoon....


Consensus:  I am lazy.


Well maybe not exactly lazy but I seem to vacillate between doing a lot of things (like taking too long a walk, going to various doctors appts, physical therapy, meeting people at the local cafe, or working 14 hours) all at once and then doing absolutely nothing at all.


I know I keep saying this all along, but I really do think I need to take things slowly.  It's just that I don't really know how to.  You never know you've over-done it, until you have.  And then it's too late.  I wish I had an internal bell that dinged whenever I'd done just the right amount of walking or exercising or working or going out with friends.  Or maybe an app.  Yes, an app called "That's enough now dear".  Maybe then I wouldn't be so lazy the rest of the time?


I'll have to ponder that tomorrow, right after I drive the Bear to work, meet V for coffee, go to the dietitian and then the book club.  Oh my, it looks like you all might have to wait just a little longer for that post...

 


(p.s. I will leave you with an imagine of the sky which I photographed this evening whilst sitting in my recliner doing absolutely nothing!)


No comments:

Post a Comment