This week marks my 10 week anniversary and while I may not be bounding down the 4 flights of stairs, I am doing it without the cane. In fact, I have pretty much stopped using the cane entirely. I'm driving too. OK - so our mattress is still elevated as is the toilet seat, but I sort of like them that way. Otherwise, life is nearly back to normal.
So here are my reasons to be thankful today:
- I went two cane-less rounds around the track in the park with the Bear (that's 3 kilometers) earlier this week and twice to the gym to ride the stationery bike.
- I managed to sit in the lotus position on my bed for a minute or two. (I couldn't hold it any longer than that but I haven't been able to do even that for over a year).
- The top third of my incision site is feeling softer and almost normal again (the bottom is still hard and discoloured) and sensation is beginning to return.
- I haven't taken any sleeping pills or pain killers, not even Advil, and I've slept well all week this week.
- I went out to dinner with family friends on Wednesday and to the movies with my gal-pals on Thursday. My energy levels have definitely improved.
I can't wait to go to the pool, sit on the floor, take a bath in two more weeks!